- This policy covers how VerticalNews treats personal information that VerticalNews collects and receives, including information related to your past use of VerticalNews products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that VerticalNews does not own or control, or to people that VerticalNews does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- VerticalNews collects personal information when you register with VerticalNews, when you use VerticalNews products or services, when you visit VerticalNews pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. VerticalNews may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, and industry. Once you register with VerticalNews and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- VerticalNews collects information about your transactions with us, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
- VerticalNews automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, VerticalNews cookie information, and the page you request.
- VerticalNews uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- VerticalNews does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with VerticalNews under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help VerticalNews communicate with you about offers from VerticalNews. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- VerticalNews displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- VerticalNews does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- VerticalNews advertisers include health product and service providers (such as pharmaceutical companies, etc.).
- VerticalNews may set and access VerticalNews cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your VerticalNews Account Information, including your email subscription preferences, at any time.
- New categories of news alerts may be added to the News Alerts signup and management pages from time to time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the VerticalNews service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the any VerticalNews company newsletters, that are considered part of your VerticalNews account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- VerticalNews may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the email address specified in your VerticalNews account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.